Politics "I am the Right Rep for Igbos"- Umeh Moves to Dislodge Ngige From Senate

L

LequteMan

APGA_Chairman_Umeh-300x194.jpg

National Chairman of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, Chief Victor Umeh, on Saturday after bowing to pressurea from the people of #Anambra, has moved to replace Chris Ngige as the senator representing Anambra Central Senatorial zone.

Umeh, who was at an event organised for the inauguration of APGA Solidarity Movement(ASM), was surprised when the event turned out to be a birthday party for him to mark his 52nd birthday.

During the celebration, a motion was moved by Emeka Okafor, andseconded by Comrade Chinedu Obidigwe, both leaders of APGA Solidarity Forum and United Anambra Youth Assembly, with a call on Umeh to join the race.

“Igbo nation needs very strong sense of purpose and mission to rescue our people, Ojukwu first started it and I knew his mission and now he is gone, but that journey must continue, and am sure Ojukwu is there waiting for that to happen."

“We know what the rest of Nigeria thinks of the Igbos, because I was at the confab, there is need to provide effective representation for our people, and I want to say that there is still work to be done, and because of the support I have seen, having carefully examined the motion and recognized the need for APGA to win Anambra Central, I hereby throw my hat in the ring”, Umeh said.

Umeh while speaking with journalists said that his victory in the election will be a smooth sail and this will be facilitated by the poor performance of Senator Chris Ngige, who currently represents the zone.

Click here to read more

Source: Daily Post

Back