Metro I Needed Money For My Honeymoon – Man Caught With Heroine At Lagos Airport Confesses

kemi

Social Member
Two men were Wednesday arrested by officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, for unlawfully importing 6.390kg of substances that tested positive for heroin.

drug traffickers.png

The duo, a commercial tricycle rider in Owerri, Imo State, Egwin Chinedu, 32, and an Abuja-based trader, King Sunday, 38, were nabbed at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, MMIA, Lagos, with an estimated street value of N575 million drug which was hidden in their luggage.

In his confession before newsmen, Sunday, who was caught on arrival from Nairobi, Kenya, said he left his wife after four days of marriage on the guise of a business trip.

“I needed money for my honeymoon and business.

“I erroneously took the decision to smuggle drugs barely four days after my marriage.

“I should not have involved myself in drug trafficking. My thinking was that I could smuggle the drug from Nairobi in two days without my wife knowing that I travelled out of the country.

Chinedu, who is not married, said he needed money to repair his commercial tricycle.

He was nabbed on arrival from Kigali, Rwanda.

“While I was looking for money to fix it, I was introduced to the man that promised to pay me N400, 000 on the condition that I will bring his drug from Kigali.

“I accepted the offer because nobody was willing to help me. I dropped out of school in junior secondary class two.

The NDLEA Head of Public Affairs, Ofoyeju Mitchell, who confirmed the arrests in a statement, said both suspects were recruited for a fee to import the drugs into the country.

Back