Sports I'm The Best Footballer In The World Regardless Of What People Say- Cristiano Ronaldo

Real Madrid forward, Cristiano Ronaldo has disclosed he's the best footballer in the world regardless of what people think or say.

ronaldobootge.jpg

The current world footballer of the year made reference to his last eight seasons of his career, saying that no one consistently stays ontop of his career without faltering.

Ronaldo continued to say that the feeling of being the best in the world has being the motivating factor behind achievement all along and nothing can change that.

“It doesn’t bother me [what people think],” Ronaldo told El Pais.

“If you look back over my past eight years, I’ve always been at the peak; and that is difficult. Name me someone else who has done it?

“After that, being No.1 or No.2 is a matter of small details, such as if you win trophies or not.

“Perhaps for you, Messi is the best; in my head, I am the best – and everyone should think that about ourselves. That is why I have been able to achieve so much in my career.”

Ronaldo is set to be dethroned by last season's treble winning Lionel Messi come January next year, which will bring his tally to five, with the Argentine captain claiming four of the last seven ballon d'Or titles.

Ronaldo has at times been booed at away stadiums but he said the ‘hate’ drives him on to succeed.

“I am not the humblest person in the world, I admit that. I am not fake. But in one way I am very humble. I like to learn.

“I don’t mind people hating me, because it pushes me. When I go to play away, they are always against me, but it’s good. You have to see the good things from the haters. I need the enemy.

“It is part of the business. They start screaming when I touch the ball. It had started already when I was 18 or 19. It is not a problem for me,” he added.

Ronaldo has scored 14 goals in 17 games this season in all competitions and a documentary on him titled ‘Ronaldo’ is set to be released on November 9.

Back