Politics Ima Niboro: I Joined APC Because There Is Poverty Everywhere in Delta

P

ProfRem

Ima Niboro, a former Presidential spokesman for ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, on Monday dumped the Peoples Democratic Party and joined the ruling All Progressives Congress.

Niboro said he joined the ruling All Progressives Congress because there is poverty in the Delta and promised to use his connection brings infrastructural development to the state.

He said, “Our state lack development, there is poverty everywhere. It is appalling that children are dropping out of schools because their parents cannot afford their school fees. It is not a sudden switch, I have studied the situation in the last 18 months as it concerned my ward, local government, community and even my state.

niboro.JPG

Niboro added, “There is no synergy between Delta State and the Federal Government and we cannot achieve that synergy when we are working at cross-purposes.”

Erue, while presenting a membership card to the former presidential aide, described Niboro’s defection to the ruling party as a ‘great addition’ that would help the party rescued the state from the PDP.

But reacting to Niboro’s defection to the APC, Governor Ifeanyi Okowa’s spokesman, Mr. Charles Aniagwu, said that the ex-Jonathan aide’s comment on high infrastructural decay and high poverty level in the state were false and did not reflect the true situation in the state.

Back