Metro Itsekiri Warlord Issues Stern Warning To Niger-Delta Avengers

P

ProfRem

Former member of the Delta Waterways Security Committee, DWSC, Warri, Delta State and ex-Itsekiri warlord, Comrade Omolubi Newuwumi, aka ‘Gentle General', has issued a stern warning to the Niger Delta Avengers that the Itsekiri ethnic nationality would defend itself if the group does not desist from the provocative bombing oil and gas installations in its (Itsekiri) territory.

Newuwumi, the Itsekiri equivalent of Ijaw‘s Tompolo and former Commissioner for Youths in the state, told Niger Delta Voice: “The bombing of oil and gas facilities in Itsekiri territory is absurd; it is an act capable of provoking the Itsekiri nation and personalities like me. I am categorically saying that if they continue, they may force us, Itsekiri, to protect our territory, especially if the present administration fails in their responsibilities to protect lives and properties.”

ItsekiriNDA.JPG

He said: “We will be prepared to assist the government to end the bombings of oil installations in our area just like the role of the civilian JTF in the north, which has yielded successful results".

“The then federal and state governments failed to protect us from the Ijaw until we decided to take our own destiny into our hands and defend ourselves. I just hope this present government will not abandon us to our fate,” he added.

Source: Vanguard

Back