Politics James Ibori After Robbing Delta of $250m: I Believe in Equality, Justice& Fairness

L

LequteMan

Former Delta state governor, James Ibori, who was recently released from prison for looting the treasury of about $250m has declared that he is a man of equality, fairness and justice.

He made the statement on Saturday when he received a delegation from a socio-cultural group, Ndi Anioma. He said his support for a governor from the Delta North senatorial district, which saw the emergence of Gov. Ifeanyi Okowa, was based on his believe for justice, equity and fairness.

The delegation to the former governor’s Oghara hometown was led by Emmanuel Efeizomor, the Obi of Owa, and Chairman, Delta Council of Traditional Rulers.

Mr. Ibori commended the Delta North (Anioma) people for the visit and added that the huge support he got from them in his quest for governorship in 1998 prompted his choice of an Anioma indigene as his deputy.

“My belief in justice, equity and fairness informed my firm support for an Anioma governor which has come to pass with Governor Ifeanyi Okowa on the saddle,” he said.

He promised to continue to identify with Anioma people and urged them to remain united and support Mr. Okowa to succeed.

Attachments

• james-Ibori-accused-504x299.jpg
    james-Ibori-accused-504x299.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 9
Back