Politics Judges' Arrest: President Buhari Will Step On More Toes – Lai Mohammed

P

ProfRem

President Muhammadu Buhari-led Federal Government has said it would step on more big toes in its anti-corruption war.

The government said the fight against corruption must be whole and thorough and, therefore, would not spare anyone found culpable.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, accompanied by the Minister of Power, Works and Housing and Minister of State for Aviation, Mr. Hadi Sirika, stated this, yesterday, while fielding questions from State House correspondents after a meeting of the Federal Executive Council, FEC at the Presidential Villa in Abuja yesterday.

Reacting to the arrest of judges, Mohammed said the DSS duly obtained search warrants before embarking on the mission last weekend.

laiBuhari.jpg

He, however, emphasized that the Federal Government had no deliberate intention to ridicule the judiciary, stressing that the present government had huge respect for the judiciary.

He said: “I think the Federal Government is being very careful with the handling of this particular issue. I want to state clearly that this government believes very much in separation of powers.

“This government has a lot of respect for the judiciary and for obvious reasons. Not just because the constitution says so but I think probably this is one cabinet that has the highest number of lawyers as ministers”.

Back