Sports Keshi should give Kelechi Iheanacho a chance in the Eagles team- Manu Garba

Flying Eagles coach Manu Garba believes that Kelechi Iheanacho should be drafted into the Super Eagles team.

Many people are already clamouring for the inclusion of the Manchester City player to the mainstream Super Eagles team,to help Nigeria with some creativity in the midfield.

John Obi Mikel has been receiving scathing criticisms for his performances in a Nigerian shirt,with many even saying that he should be dropped from the team.

Iheanacho was the Most Valuable Player for Nigeria at the 2013 FIFA under 17 World Cup,helping the Golden Eaglets win the tournament in the United Arab Emirates.

"It all depends on what coach of the team, Steven Keshi wants but everybody saw what Kelechi did for Manchester City during the pre-season tour. I know that after the world cup, he hasn’t been in competitive mood and for a player like his age; he needs to be playing regularly but I know if given the chance he will shine” Garba told footballlive.ng

Meanwhile assistant coach of the Flying Eagles,Nduka Ugbade believes that Iheanacho should be gradually moulded into the Super Eagles team.

“They are actually ready to play but the bottom line is that they shouldn’t be forced into the scene for the moment. I would prefer they grow through the stages because it takes lot to cope through the demands”

Iheanacho FIFA.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back