Sports Keshi's views : I am not concerned about personal glory; there is no superstar in my team

rsz_keshi_1 (1).jpg
Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi has revealed that he is more concerned about leading Nigeria to glory than making his own history.

Keshi by virtue of Nigeria's qualification for the second round of the 2014 FIFA World Cup,became the first African born coach to lead a country to this stage of the competition.

And more history beckons if Nigeria should beat France and qualify for the quarterfinals of the World Cup,something that they have never done before.

"For me, my team and country come before any personal glory," Keshi told BBC Sport.

"That we made the second round and are able to achieve this against all odds is all that matters."

Keshi added he is more focused on guiding Nigeria to the paths of greatness not on achieving his own personal glory.

"What is important is to focus on what lies ahead - not Stephen Keshi and his record," Keshi said.

Speaking further about his team,Keshi noted that there is no superstar in his squad as everybody is equal.

"We don't count on one player to be the superstar or hero, we're all superstars. We play as a team."

Back