Politics Kwara Senator denies belonging to PDP splinter group

curator

Administrator
apc123-.jpg

Sen. Simeon Ajibola (PDP-Kwara) has denied claims that he is a member of the Alhaji KPDPawu Baraje-led PDP splinter group that merged with the All Progressives Congress (APC) on Tuesday.

Ajibola's told newsmen that at no time did he associated himself with the splinter group in Abuja on Tuesday.

He called on Nigerians to count him out of the merger since he and other senators alleged to be part of the group had never attended any of their meetings.

He said senators Zainab Kure (PDP- Niger), Awaisu Kuta (PDP-Niger), Bello Tukur (PDP- Adamawa), among several others were not part of the group.

When they were branding the news about that 22 senators, including me, were in the PDP faction,10 out of the 22 were not with them and there is no way we can be said to be with them in the so called merger.

I have never attended their meetings, Sen. Kure in Niger has never attended their meetings, Sen. Kuta had never been a part of them.

"If you go to Adamawa, Sen. Bello Tukur has never attended their meetings. In Kwara, they even invited me, but I refused to attend and they reported me to the traditional council of my local government.

"What is happening in the PDP is not a serious crisis as far as I am concerned. By 2015 or thereabout, Nigerians will know those who who are grassroots politicians and those that are tigers on the pages of newspapers," he said.

Ajibola is the Chairman, Senate Committee on New Partnership for Africa's Development.

Back