Sports Louis van Gaal admits interest in Ronaldo

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has admitted that he will welcome Cristiano Ronaldo back to Old Trafford, but expressed doubt about Real Madrid selling him.

Ronaldo has been in the news lately following the displeasure he expressed when the club's authority sold most of the players that won the champions league for them last season, and with former Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon claiming the Portuguese superstar was "fed up" at the club.

When asked whether he could bring Ronaldo back to United,Van Gaal said: "Yes, but it's always a discussion in the papers, and I don't think the media shall buy Ronaldo."

"That's what I have said with Falcao. Players like Ronaldo give a lot of extra to a team, but I don't think Real Madrid shall sell him."

Ronaldo won eight major trophies under Sir Alex Ferguson before moving to the Bernabeu five years ago in a then world-record £80million transfer.

"I love Manchester and you never know in football. Of course I'm happy at Real Madrid; it's my home, it's my club, but United treated me unbelievably, so you never know," Ronaldo told MUTV before United played Real Madrid during their tour of the United States of America.

"I am still in contact with some people there because I had a good relationship with everybody - it was like my second family."

rsz_ronaldo_pic.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back