Metro Man Exchanges Two Kids for Bags of Rice in Lagos State

L

LequteMan

A middle-aged man have gotten away with bags of rice, leaving two children behind as deposit at 63, Marwa Road, Chemist Bus stop in Satellite area of Lagos state.

The children, aged 8 and 13 were returning from a holiday coaching class.

According to the shop owner, Mrs Silverline, the man told her sales girl that the mother of the children needed Indian rice, "but my sales girl told him that what we had was Brazilian rice and that it was good.

“Thereafter, he made a phone call to someone he claimed was the mother of the children and at the end said he would like to take the bags of rice to the woman. But my girl insisted on following him to collect the money for the bags (N40,000) should the woman agree to buy them.

“The stranger said he would ride on a motorcycle with the bags of rice, while my girl followed with the children on foot. But on reaching the purported restaurant, the owner said she never saw any one with bags of rice, neither did she admit knowing the children.

“They walked to Ijegun end of Satellite without any sight of the abductor. When we asked the children about him, they said that the abductor was not their father.”

An eyewitness said a man who claimed to be the biological father of the children, appeared afterwards, claiming that his children could have been hypnotised by the abductor.

All parties were taken to the police station after which the kids were released to their alleged biological father.

Vanguard

Attachments

• rice1.jpg
    rice1.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by a moderator:
Back