Metro Man in Court for stealing 20 Pairs of shoes

Sandra Chiefe

Musa Haruna, a 25 year old labourer residing in Lagos, Nigeria, has been remanded before the Oshodi Magistrates’ Court in Lagos, for stealing no less than 20 pairs of shoes. He currently faces two counts of stealing and buglary.

according to the Vanguard Newspaper, the accused on October the 14th at about 2:00 a.m. burgled shop F-12 at Arena shopping plaza, Bolade, Oshodi, Lagos, making away with 20 pairs of shoes belonging to one Mrs Joy Ike.

He was caught when the security guard attached to the plaza saw the accused going out of the plaza with a bag on his head. Upon checking the contents of the bad, the security guard discovered that the accused had packed shoes into a ‘Ghana must go’ sack and was ready to escape.

It was alleged that when the accused was questioned, he claimed to be an orphan and needed money to feed.

The accused pleaded not guilty to the charge when they were read to him in court.

The Magistrate, Mr Akeem Fashola, granted the accused N100, 000 as bail with one surety in like sum and adjourned the case till Oct. 31 for mention.

A hundred thou? C'mon! He didn't buy 2 BMWs with N250bn did he?
I'm not saying I support what he did, but justice is only sweet when there's moderation.
Even if each pair of shoes cost 5k, its still mucho- since he'll avta return all of 'em. 40-50 thou shld b okay.
*guess d "I'm stealin in order to eat" got to me.

I get what you're saying. No one is even going to take justice in Nig seriously when all the "justice system" has to show that its working is when its catching petty thieves and setting 100k bail for them

Back