Sports Manchester City to pay Joe Hart €152,000 weekly

Joe Hart is set to sign a new five-year deal with Manchester City that will extend his stay with the defending Premier League champions.

The England goalkeeper is expected to put pen to paper and will earn as high as €152,000 per week in the new contract.

Hart's current deal will expire at the end of the 2015/ 2016 campaign, but the 27-year old is eager to stay farther than that at the Etihad stadium.

There were doubts over Hart's position as the first choice keeper under Manuel Pellegrini, especially with the arrival of Argentine keeper Willy Caballero from Malaga.

However, Hart took up the challenge and has established himself as the undisputed number one goalkeeper this season.

"As far as I am aware [the new contract] is pretty much sorted," the 27-year-old told reporters. "I want to be here as long as I can.

"I love this place and I love everything about Manchester City," he said. "I have been here for a long time. I feel like it is my club now.

"I am very happy at this club and hopefully in the near future I will be signing that contract."

Attachments

• Joe Hart.jpg
    Joe Hart.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:
Back