Sports Mikel: Chelsea is my home, Fabregas not a threat

Mikel 2.JPG
Nigerian midfielder John Obi Mikel has given the latest hints that he will not be leaving Chelsea this summer,adding that he is not worried with the signing of Spanish star Cesc Fabregas.

There were concerns over the future of Mikel at Chelsea,with the club making new acquisitions and the position of the Nigerian cannot be guaranteed.

Nemanja Matic was bought in January and Marco Van Ginkel has recovered from an injury with Ramires also in the mix,but Mikel seems to be below the pecking order.

With the acquisition of Fabregas from Barcelona,Mikel could find more difficult to get more game-time at Chelsea.

But the Nigerian is adamant that Fabregas is not a threat to his playing position at Chelsea.

"I don't have a problem with the signing of Cesc Fabregas. We have played against each other a lot of times. We don't play in the same position anyway."

"Chelsea are my home away from home, my second home. You never know what's going to happen in football, but I'm very happy at Chelsea and I want to remain at Chelsea.

"I still have three years left on my contract and want to stay there. I want to congratulate Cesc with his transfer and I'm looking forward to playing with him" Mikel said at a press conference on Sunday.

Speaking about Nigeria's chances at the World Cup,Mikel said:"everyone plays for each other, we fight together. No one wants to be the Maradona of the team. We're together"

Back