Politics Money Laundering: "I have Nothing to do With Anne Welsh" - Obasanjo

L

LequteMan

Former Nigerian president Olusegun Obasanjo has denied having anything to do with ex-CEO of the Olusegun Obasanjo Foundation, Anne Welsh, after she admitted using the foundation as a front to operate a "well-oiled money-laundering scheme for many years," Premium Times reports.

obasanjo anne welsh.png

“We have asked the two authorities to investigate the matter exhaustively,” Mr. Obasanjo said.

Obasanjo also said his Foundation had already contacted personalities mentioned or photographed with Mrs Welsh in the publication that revealed the deal as well as other dignitaries and partners to inform them that” she has now become a persona non grata with the Foundation and its Chairman/Founder”.

“The CEO of the Foundation at that time was Franklin Lisk,” the former President said

Read: Empirical Evidence: Obasanjo Fires Foundation Boss For Money Laundering Claims

“I can never associate myself with anything that has to do with money laundering and corruption, and this is a very disturbing development for us all,” the former President said.

“The foundation partners with change agents, policy makers, global partners and visionary individuals worldwide to tackle critical problems through the initiatives of leadership, of food and nutrition, girls education, youth empowerment and employment and health for non-communicable diseases.

Read: Obasanjo's Fired CEO Deletes Facebook Account & Personal Websites After Money Laundering Revelation

#Nigeria #Obasanjo #OOF #AnneWelsh

You might well sat that...but I couldn't possibly comment.

But he said he has been the most probed nigerian president ever but his corruption tsar stated that he was indeed one of the most corrupt.

Back