Sports Nigerian Ambassador to Kenya tips Nigeria to win AYC title in Senegal

The Nigerian ambassador to Senegal, Katyen-C. Jackden, has backed the Flying Eagles of Nigeria to go all the way to win their seventh African Youth Championship.

The Manu Garba-led side defeated Congo 4-1 to progress to the semi final of the competition as well as qualify for the 2015 FIFA U-20 World Cup as winners of Group A even before tplaying their final group game against Cote d’Ivoire.
Flying Eagles1.jpg

Cote d’Ivoire forced hosts Senegal to a 2-2 draw on Wednesday meaning the Flying Eagles on six points will finish on top of Group A no matter the results of the final group games on Saturday.

“We are proud of your performance so far in this tournament and we are very certain Nigeria will win the cup here in Senegal,” said Nigerian ambassador Katyen-C.Jackden, when she visited the team at the Alafifa Hotel in Dakar Wednesday night.

“The quality of your performance has been very high and I am not just saying this because I am the Nigerian ambassador but because even though I’m not a football expert, that was they were all saying at the stadium.

“Your technique is perfect and you play computerised football.

“So, I know you will not go back to Nigeria without the cup.

“I have watched your two games at the stadium so far and will also be in Mbour for your game against Cote d’Ivoire on Saturday.”

Flying Eagles coach Manu Garba thanked the ambassador on her visit and promised the team will maintain the tempo on their way to winning the championship.

The embassy provided dinner for the team at their hotel and also plans to host them before they return to Nigeria.

Back