Business NNPC GMD Kachikwu Makes Shocking Discovery about Crude oil in Lagos

L

LequteMan

Nigeria's Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Ibe Kachikwu on Monday made a shocking discovery about crude oil theft when he visited the pipeline network in Robert village around the Atlas cove in Lagos State.

The wanton act of sabotage in the area was clearly evident as the village has practically set up a distribution hub for petrol by perforating the pipelines.

Hundreds of jerry cans and work tools used in perforating pipelines and siphoning products were discovered buried under the sand. It appeared all members of the community had a role in the vandalism and the NNPC GMD couldn't hide his disappointment.

“I must say that I was very disillusion to find this discovery but much as I was happy that it was found, it just took a lot of wind off my sail in the sense of what next and who knows how many more have not been discovered.

“At the end of the day, the responsibility for protecting the assets of Nigerians must lie in the hands of Nigerians.

“There is no magic that I have that I am going to be able to deliver zero incident environment, given the number of attacks we are getting everywhere but at the end of the day, communities like these ones must begin to rise up and say this is just not right.” he said.

Channels

Attachments

• oil-pipeline-vandalism-sabotage-2-300x162.jpg
    oil-pipeline-vandalism-sabotage-2-300x162.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 33
Back