Sports Oboabona denies having been invited for trials by Arsenal

• Thread starter Chris Maduewesi
  • Start date
C

Chris Maduewesi

View attachment 47
Super Eagles defender,Godfrey Oboabona,has come out to deny having had any contact with Arsenal to come for trials,also denying that he insulted the English club for subjecting him to such treatment.
Oboabona has been the subject of discourse this week,following media reports that he turned down a chance to have trials;with ex-internationals Victor Ikpeba,Mutiu Adepoju and coach Christain Chukwu, even disagreeing whether he should have gone or not.
A foreign media outlet,quoted Oboabona as having turned down an opportunity to have trials with Arsenal,which he blatantly denied.
But putting the records straight,Oboabona told BBC Sport : “I never said anything about a highly respected manager like Mr Wenger showing me a lack of respect,” he said.
Oboabona also added that he does not know about any invitation for trials from Arsenal.
“I have had so many text messages, phone calls about it – the rumour that I was invited on trial was not true – I only read about it like everyone else.”
“I’ve always said I will take my time, focus on my development as a player and continue to give my best in every game.”
“At the appropriate time, when clubs must have seen me well enough, they will hopefully approach Sunshine Stars in Nigeria.”
“My desire is to grow every day, sadly all the things written about Arsenal did not come from me,” Oboabona added.

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Back