Politics Oshiomhole Blasts Niger Delta Avengers Minutes After Meeting With Buhari

L

LequteMan

Edo State governor, Adams Oshiomhole, on Wednesday lambasted the Niger Delta Avengers (NDA) for sabotaging oil installations in the country.

This happened in Abuja, minutes after he emerged from a meeting with President Buhari, Premium Times report said.

According to Oshiomhole, the attacks on oil facilities by the NDA is blackmail, which the President must not succumb to.

“I don’t think the state should submit to blackmail from any quarters. For me, I think the state‎ should be respected. I believe in Nigeria, no part can do without the other. I believe our unity is not negotiable," he said. “I believe the responsibility of the political elite is to strengthen the bridge of unity; to discourage preaching hatred; discourage amplifying weak points, and work to strengthen those points. I salute our armed forces for what they are doing, and the confidence they have brought back to our security."

He added that President Muhammadu Buhari needs the support of every Nigerian, big and small, at the moment for the country to be better.

Attachments

• Adams-Oshiomhole.jpg
    Adams-Oshiomhole.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 14
Back