Metro Outrage as Ooni of Ife Says 'Jesus is My Father'

A

abujagirl

There was mass outrage on Wednesday night after a video of the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi (Ojaja II) proclaiming Jesus as his father surfaced online.

See video below:

See reactions below:

ooni10.PNG ooni11.PNG ooni2.PNG ooni3.PNG ooni s4.jpg ooni5.PNG ooni6.PNG ooni7.PNG ooni8.PNG ooni9.PNG

They should leave him alone... he was the chosen one and is therefore working under the guidance of the gods. He feels this is the best way to serve his people and get them to focus on the culture and not the 'perceived' darker side. Now this is done, when there is an event in Ife, all will feel welcomed. The pastors will not use the opportunity to divide the community.

Long live the King (at that is coming from a Republican!)

They should leave him alone... he was the chosen one and is therefore working under the guidance of the gods. He feels this is the best way to serve his people and get them to focus on the culture and not the 'perceived' darker side. Now this is done, when there is an event in Ife, all will feel welcomed. The pastors will not use the opportunity to divide the community.

Long live the King (at that is coming from a Republican!)
How can Jesus be his father when he has Ela? I feel he should leave the throne . Yoruba should be his religion. How can people focus on the culture when he's chipping off bits of it?

@Jules, please Yoruba is not a religion.

Oba of Ife says Jesus is his father. Father Jesus has not complained. The gods of Ife have not issued a statement rejecting their oba, but trust Nigerians, they like 'choking' their mouth in somebody's business. We have traditional rulers all over the country that are either christians or muslims. No one is complaining about them, why is the Oba's own different. Well, I blame Goodluck Jonathan sha, he caused all these...

I believe the Oba should be praised for declaring in public his beliefs and not castigated.

@Samguine true. The fact that he is the custodian of the yoruba culture and beliefs does not strip him of his devout christian life. And I think the gods knew him to be "Jesus' son" before he was chosen. :)

@Jules, please Yoruba is not a religion.

Oba of Ife says Jesus is his father. Father Jesus has not complained. The gods of Ife have not issued a statement rejecting their oba, but trust Nigerians, they like 'choking' their mouth in somebody's business. We have traditional rulers all over the country that are either christians or muslims. No one is complaining about them, why is the Oba's own different. Well, I blame Goodluck Jonathan sha, he caused all these...

I believe the Oba should be praised for declaring in public his beliefs and not castigated.
Oga Yoruba is a religion. Do your research

[
Oga Yoruba is a religion. Do your research

Can you kindly tell us the way of worship, doctrines and God of the Yoruba religion and how it differs from the traditional religion of the Yorubas, whose numerous gods and their modes of worship we know.

N.B - Please know that your reply forms part of my research ;)

[

Can you kindly tell us the way of worship, doctrines and God of the Yoruba religion and how it differs from the traditional religion of the Yorubas, whose numerous gods and their modes of worship we know.

N.B - Please know that your reply forms part of my research ;)
I refuse to spoon feed an adult. You have internet , help yourself

Back