Metro Outrage as Police Stray Bullet Kills Trader at Mushin, Lagos [PHOTOS]

L

LequteMan

There was outrage in Lagos state on Tuesday evening as a stray bullet from a policeman stationed at Onipanu toll gate, hit a trader selling her wares.

According to reports, they stopped a man who they claimed was a fraudster (Yahoo boy), and started interrogating him. After a while the man tried to escape and the police opened fire. A stray bullet killed the trader and two others were hit as well.

The policeman who hit the woman is referred to as "T-boy". She was a trader selling selling yam cake (Ojojo) around Toll gate area. Her 14-year-old boy and her relatives were present as she died.

stray bullet.jpg

stray bullet2.jpg

Capture-10.jpg

Her death has caused a fracas between an angry mob and the policemen. Citizens thronged the nearest police station and demanded that the officer who shot the woman be produced.

The deceased’s elder sister Nimota Adebayo said her sister’s remains have been deposited at Isolo General Hospital mortuary.

“She was sitting with her goods and I was beside her. Immediately I entered the shop and came out, I heard gun shots. Bullet hit her head and she died instantly. The two policemen that shot are Prince and Charles. She sells Ojojo. It is not that she interfered or left her shop.

"Immediately the officers fled our area and shot at the people who followed them. One of them is a guy called Sabina who challenged them was shot at leg. He was rushed to hospital. The deceased body has been taken to Isolo Mortuary. We were just together discussing her make-up and teasing her about whether there was an event today. She is about 50 years.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Back