Sports Podolski criticises Arsene Wenger for not saying goodbye to him

German international, Lukas Podolski has blasted Arsenal coach, Arsene Wenger for the manner he treated him when he wanted to leave the club.

Podolski moved to Inter Milan on loan after failing to secure a regular spot in the starting eleven of the Wenger's team.

The former Bayern Munich striker said thayt he was disrespected by Wenger, who didn't even call to tell him goodbye, despite his dedicated services to Arsenal.

"He said nothing to me," Podolski told The Sun. "He did not call me or say goodbye.

"I don't need flowers or a kiss from him. But it is about respect, about saying goodbye. For me respect is important. Maybe he had other problems with me.

"I did everything for the club I possibly could have. I don't believe I did anything wrong. I did not get drunk in a club.

"I wish all of Arsenal and their amazing fans the very best for this season and I see myself as a Gunner. Nothing from him to me, though, but that is his way."

Podolski made his debut for Inter Milan in their 1-1 draw against Serie A leaders, Juventus.

Podolski.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back