Politics President Jonathan Won't Apologize For Fake Morocco Call -Wali

A

abujagirl

President Goodluck Jonathan will not be apologizing for saying he didn't speak to King Mohammed VI of Morocco after the foreign ministry claimed he spoke to the monarch.

Giving reasons why the President won't apologize, Nigeria's Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Aminu Wali admitted that the mix up originated from his Ministry and the culprit will soon be identified.

''I have already taken action on the President’s directive and of course some people are trying to make this whole thing political. And of course, at this level of our diplomacy, a lot of things can happen. So we are trying to find out, and I will like to say that the President has nothing to do with it. This is something that has happened and there is a bit of mix up somewhere along the line. We are going to unravel it. So the president has nothing to do with it. Therefore, people should not, like I hear some senators from the opposition asking the President to apologise to the country.

''Now if at all there is anybody who is going to apologise, and I being the Minister of Foreign Affairs, will be the one to apologise and not Mr. President'',Wali added.

Goodluck Jonathan 3.jpg

Back