Politics President Jonathan's Pilgrimage a Turning Point for Nigeria's Spiritual Rebirth- Gov. Akpabio

A

abujagirl

A press release by Mr Aniekan Umana, Akwa Ibom State Commissioner for Information and Communications on behalf of Governor Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom says President Goodluck Jonathan's participation in the 2013 Christian pilgrimage to Israel is a turning point in the spiritual rebirth of the country.

“I believe strongly that being the first historic pilgrimage by any president in Nigeria since 1914 would be a turning point for our country.

“I know that past Heads of State and Presidents who were Muslim had undertaken pilgrimages to Medina and Mecca.

“This being the first pilgrimage by a Nigerian leader to Jerusalem, I believe that God is going to look at Nigeria favorably and our lives would never be the same again.

“I am very convinced that this is a turning point for national rebirth.This is a turning point by Mr President to transform this nation".

"Any transformation that does not have spiritual connotation is not enough,” the statement concluded.(NAN)

images

Well...if His Excellency strongly believes that this singular act is the miraculous turning point for all of Nigeria's problems, who am I to say otherwise and deny him his believes?

...went as far as giving a press release. Indeed I can't challenge his heartfelt believes.

Nonetheless, SMH...

@curator...do you know about the Original Thought Theory? You sound like you do.

That being said, I'm going to (begrudgingly) pitch my tent here: I consider press releases a form of branding strategy (or rebranding, as the case may be). The president's going on pligrimage isn't really news, but since people seem bent on making it so,ah, we may as well milk it for what it's worth.

Whu not broadcast a (false, thin, vacuous, shallow, unbelievable) message of transformation with it, eh?

Let's hope this spiritual transformation will influence the physical transformation that we really need. I know my life won't be the same again if there is better internet connection.

@curator...do you know about the Original Thought Theory? You sound like you do.

That being said, I'm going to (begrudgingly) pitch my tent here: I consider press releases a form of branding strategy (or rebranding, as the case may be). The president's going on pligrimage isn't really news, but since people seem bent on making it so,ah, we may as well milk it for what it's worth.

Whu not broadcast a (false, thin, vacuous, shallow, unbelievable) message of transformation with it, eh?
Its just a way of winning all the Christians because its really no news.I know how big this news was in Churches. I heard comments like awwwwhhh Jonathan his doing everything he cant, he loves his country, Hes a strong Christian for him to have time to go pray for Nigeria despite the issues his facing.....................

BOTTOM LINE: POLITICAL STRATEGY that has gotten GEJ empathy.

Do you know why Mahatma Gandhi would like Christ and not 'your' Christians? Because we Christians fail to admit that we are humans and that we are fallible; only God is 100% perfect and He is infallible. We are living by the grace of God and the grace of God will sustain us irrespective of our weaknesses or shortcomings. Because we present ourselves to the world as perfect and infallible beings; when our imperfection expressed itself those who are watching us get disappointed. Let us make Jesus the only standard for the world while we admit that only His grace will take us to that point of perfection. Do not take this as a free license to sin.

i
@Gboladuro Emmanuel...nicely put. I still don't understand how this relates to the topic at hand though. Care to explain further? For me, at least?
i will answer that for him, I think he supports Jonathans prayers and he feels since nobody is perfect it is right for Jonathan to pray and ask for Gods direction.

Besides it isnt easy for GEJ, do you know how confused he is, from one case to another. No other president in Nigeria has faced the crises he has, so I thhink we should allow the guy small.

Despite this, he has been a leader for years, from Bayelsa to VP to President, so he should have planned, dreamt on the strategies to make this Nation better, probably he never expected this, I mean hes been lucky. Thats no excuse sha.

@The_HeadCase are you clear now? You shouldnt even be asking any question cos ypur opinions/views are always twisted

I can almost kiss you. But people are looking, so thanks :)

I understand the points Leo and Mr. Emmanuel have put forward, and I admit that they make sense. I just like seeing people explain things. Makes for quality reading and prevents ambiguation. You know?

Back