Politics READ: President Buhari's Words About Late James Ocholi at FEC Meeting

L

LequteMan

Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday led a special valedictory session in honour of Late James Ocholi, Minister of state for Labour and Productivity who died in a tragic accident last Sunday.

Paying tribute to the late minister, Buhari said: “I was quite close to Ocholi. I was in same party with him in CPC and I began to respect his hardwork and humility. When he attempted to be governor of his state, I campaigned for him almost throughout all the local governments. But the system we are running, one will always keep on trying. He didn’t make it.

“And then the series of committees we were having. I recall one particular, ACN, CPC, ANPP, I think APGA and DPP, he represented us and what impressed me about him is that he agreed to serve under a junior lawyer to him.

“And that showed a lot of humility because I know of two professions, legal and military; they are very jealous about seniority… But he agreed to serve under a junior ACN lawyer, him being a SAN.

“Even his contribution here, whether they were memos from his ministry or not, he made substantial contributions. May his soul rest in peace.”

The Nation

Attachments

• boo.png
    boo.png
    148.9 KB · Views: 12
Back