Sports READ: Van Gaal & Guus Hiddink's Reactions to Chelsea's 1-1 Draw With Man Utd

L

LequteMan

Chelsea rescued a point against Manchester United on Sunday courtesy of a late goal from Diego Costa. Jesse Lingard had put United forward in the second half with an amazing strike.

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal, speaking to Sky Sports after the match: "Deep frustration because we were the better team. Again. And we didn’t win. We had the better chances but we didn't win.

"We played a superb game until the last quarter. Then we did not keep the ball in the way I think we have to. Then, we were unlucky and we get a goal against us. It is unbelievable. We don’t reward ourselves.

"This is also because Chelsea is pushing with long balls and more aggression but nevertheless you have to keep the ball and be composed when you defend; you are not kicking the ball way without any meaning. Also we could have scored again after the first goal but you don’t reward yourselves. When you play such a game against a team like Chelsea, you have to reward yourself."

Chelsea manager Guus Hiddink, speaking to Sky Sports: "I am happy with the reaction of the team. Manchester United did a good job in the first half and in the beginning of the second, they are not an easy team to beat. But we deserved a point. We dropped too far back after the first 20 minutes when they dominated us but later on we closed a little more. They made a beautiful goal - without good marking from our side - but after I think the team reacted very well."

On Kurt Zouma's injury: "Tomorrow we know more, but if you have this injury - and everyone has seen how bad it is - hyper-extension is always bad. I had this same problem once and it hurts. But let's hope and see tomorrow what the MRIs will show."

Attachments

• hiddink van gaal.jpg
    hiddink van gaal.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 29
Back