Sports Remaining with the Super Eagles makes Keshi look like a beggar - Amodu Shaibu

Amodu Shaiubu believes that Stephen Keshi is no longer the best person to lead the Super Eagles national team.

Shaibu who once took temporal charge of the Super Eagles before Keshi was brought back last month, argued that Nigeria's non qualification for the 2015 Nations Cup tournament is enough for him not to remain as coach.

Nigeria failed to qualify for a place at next year's tournament in Equatorial Guinea, missing out on a place to defend the title they won last year in South Africa.

And Shaibu who once worked with Keshi managing Nigeria at the 2002 Nations Cup in Mali, said that he should(Keshi) be shown the door, since former Super Eagles coach Samson Siasia got the same treatment in 2011.

"As a coach you are as good as your last game. If as at when they asked me to take over from him and I reckoned that it would affect my reputation if I failed, I expect any professional coach to assume the same position now, which is referring to Keshi.

"So he alone will decide whether he has a reputation or not. If he has a reputation, he should walk out of the job but if he doesn't, he should stay like a beggar," Amodu said to SL10.ng.

"We all know that Keshi has failed," Amodu added. "To keep him is a bad precedent because when Siasia failed, we told the whole country that he failed and he should go, and not even Goodluck Jonathan could save him. And so if we want to live within those standards, we know what to do and this is my personal opinion."

Keshi vs Bosnia.gif

Back