Sports Sacking Carlo Ancelotti was a difficult task- Real Madrid President

Perez.jpg
Real Madrid President, Florentino Perez has revealed that sacking coach Carlo Ancelotti was not an easy task for him personally, as well as the board of the team due to the feat he achieved in his 2-year spell at the club.

The Italian manager won the 'La Décima' for the Galacticos in last year's champions league season and took them to the semi final of this year's edition, despite losing so much of his key players to injury at the most critical period of the season.

But, the former AC Milan ended the 2014/15 season without a silverware which made him to fall out of favour with the Madrid board, and Italian Rafael Benitez and German Jurgen Klopp have been lined up to replace the 55-year old manager.

"Carlo Ancelotti has won the affection of everyone over these two years, myself included. He forms part of our history as the coach that won 'La Décima' and it wasn't an easy decision, but the time has come to give fresh impetus to the team so as to capture big trophies".

"I want to thank Carlo Ancelotti for his hard work and affection over these two years and tell him that this is still his home".

"Every year we take stock at the end of the season. The decision was made over the last week. I was with Carlo Ancelotti just now; he's a gentleman and he understood perfectly".

"I'm not going to go into details because it's not an opportune moment. The demands at Real Madrid are such that after two years the club can require fresh impetus. That's what we concluded".

"We didn't inform the captains of the decision beforehand; we wanted to tell the coach first".

"We'll name the new coach next week. It would be great if he spoke Spanish, obviously".

"We analysed everything. This position [being president] is not an easy job, but if we're convinced that a change is needed, we have the duty to make one".

"Not only do the players' shows of affection for the coach not bother me, but I endorse them".

"It's never anyone's fault. The coach's position is bound to always be weakened over time".

Perez said that he won't reveal the real son why Ancelotti had to go but that generally, they replace the coaching crew if discovered the present one isn't getting any better in the job.

Meanwhile, they are profiling Klopp and Benitez with a possibility of announcing the new coach in a few days time.
MARCA

Back