Politics Sultan of Sokoto to President Jonathan: I Will Not Vote on Feb. 14

A

abujagirl

Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar III, the Sultan of Sokoto on Monday told President Goodluck Jonathan that he will not be voting on February 14 because he was yet to collect his Permanent Voter Card (PVC) ; PUNCH reports.

The Sultan made the disclosure during a courtesy visit from the President.

He said, ''Let us respect people’s wishes; let’s not try to disenfranchise anybody.

''We have had issues of the Permanent Voter Cards and I want to tell you that even myself, I don’t have a PVC, so it means I will not vote on February 14.

''So, we have to look for a way out, it is for your government to now look for what to do, how to ensure that all the cards get to the voters before the voting day or in the alternative, find a way out because for any problem there is a solution.

''We believe you will find a solution as regard this very serious hitch facing us because millions of Nigerians seem to be heading towards disenfranchisement and they won’t be able to vote. I have heard comments from the INEC Chairman, (Prof. Attahiru Jega), but we are still waiting for our cards to come'', the sultan said.

#Sokoto #INEC #Jega

GEJ in sokoto13.jpg

Back