Sports Super Falcons will remain the best team in Africa - Oparanozie

Super Falcons striker Desire Oparanozie has boasted that Nigeria will remain the best team in Africa for a long time to come.

Nigeria recorded a seventh triumph in the AWC competition, beating Cameroon to reclaim their position as the best team in Africa.

With countries like Equatorial Guinea, Ivory Coast and Cameroon all trying to wrestle the power of Women's football from Nigeria, however Oparanozie is not perturbed.

"Although I cannot specifically say this is for how long we are going to be number one, what I can assure you is that we will do everything possible to keep it for as long as we can. We have been the best for some time and we hope to keep being there. We, as players. We will continue to do our best to remain number one in Africa," Oparanozie told Vanguard Sports.

"I don’t know their level of preparations and what they are doing. But as for us Nigeria, we have a good league system and we are always determined to win laurels and that gives us the extra effort above other teams.

With Nigeria being one of the African countries representing the continent at next year's FIFA Women's World Cup tournament, Oparanozie is confident that they will give a good account of themselves in Canada.

"We should expect good performance, expect me scoring in every game in Canada. We expect that the team will perform better than we did before. "

Attachments

• Oparanozie.JPG
    Oparanozie.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 12
Back