Politics Suspended CBN Governor 'Sanusi' may get $2billion reward for whistle-blowing

A

abujagirl

During a recent interview in DAILY TRUST, Ali Ahmed, chairman of the House of Representatives committee on justice said that the suspended Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi may be awarded $2billion for whistle blowing.

Ahmed said that the whistle blower protection and reward bill, 2014 is a bill that has been on for some time and was recently passed into law. The bill seeks to protect and reward a whistle blower. According to the law, if you blow the whistle and it leads to recovery of funds and conviction of the offender, you take 10 percent of the amount.

Ahmed also said that Sanusi blew the whistle long before 2013, "Before the Farouq Lawan committee of which I was a member, he had blown the whistle. We even cited it in the report that the CBN governor had alerted the nation, that ‘look, the price of oil is going up, yet payments into the federation account is going down".

"This man has consistently been talking as the CBN governor because you have institutions that are very weak. If institutions are doing their jobs, it is not the function of the CBN governor to blow the whistle, but because they’re weak; because there’re entrenched interests who will not come up with information, somebody outside that cabal has to come up.

"Much as I hate to discuss Sanusi when we talk about this very important bill, we cannot escape from it. Sanusi for one is a whistle blower, and as I said, the day Sanusi was suspended, few hours thereafter, the House passed the bill for third reading; it is now transmitted to the Senate. You can see two things happened that day: Sanusi was suspended; the whistle blower bill was passed by the House".

sanusii.jpg

Back