Politics "Terrorists are here"- Oshiomhole Warns Nigerians Against Blame Trading

L

LequteMan

Gov. Adams Oshiomhole of Edo on Tuesday while speaking with newsmen in Abuja urged Nigerians to partner the nation’s security agencies in fighting terror groups in the country, saying ‘this is no time for blame game.’

'Terrorists are here’ he said "my attitude is that Nigerians have to wake up to the reality that terrorists are here, may be few years back many of us didn't think that was possible.

``I thought we enjoyed living so much so that no one will wire himself to take his own life just because he wants to take the life of another innocent person.

``I think for me on the issue of security, all of us must work together. It’s not a blame game. A blame game won’t take us anywhere. The reality is here.

``The terrorist doesn't know your age, gender, region or religion. The evidence is that everybody has become a victim.

``So, on this issue we must speak as a nation, united in a common voice to denounce terrorism and to work together with the Federal Government to fight terrorism decisively.’’

According to him, on the issue of security there is no party, no economic interest, no commercial interest but national interest.

``When we win and secure the country then we can do politics.’’

He, therefore, urged Nigerians to speak with one voice and unite to denounce terrorism and to work together with the Federal Government to fight terrorism.‎
Oshiomhole, who criticised the way and manner security matters were being reported by the media, appealed to the media to desist from celebrating criminality.

Attachments

• images_12.jpeg
    images_12.jpeg
    4.1 KB · Views: 9
Back