Entertainment Tika Sumpter and Parker Sawyers Tackle Chimamanda Adichie

A

abujagirl

American actress and model Tika Sumpter has tackled popular Nigerian author Chimamanda Adichie for saying that Barack Obama would have lost the election 8 years ago ''If Michelle Obama had worn her hair in it’s natural state''.

t n P.jpg

READ: Chimamanda Adichie - Barack Obama Would Have Lost 8 Years Ago If...

Commenting on the issue during a recent interview with BET, Tika Sumpter said, "You can have natural hair and still blow it out and it'll be straight.

"I've had hair where it looked permed but it wasn't. It was in my natural state but I just blew it out. I don't know. I mean... What does that mean?"

"I don't know if I can even answer that question," Tika added.

"I think the character of these two would've shined through regardless. Natural hair or not. I don't really know. I mean, I understand what she's saying, but I don't really know about that. That's a pretty intense statement because you're basing an outside characteristic on the character of the human being."

Also, Parker Sawyers who will be playing the role of young President Barack Obama in the film "Southside With You" said, "I would say that Barack Hussein Obama... Who thought he could be president?"

"Then who thought a Black family would be in the White House anyway? No offense to the author, but I think he still would've been elected."

Back