Metro UNN's Best Graduating Medical Student Gets N10,000 Reward [PHOTO]

P

ProfRem

University of Nigeria's Best Graduating Medical student has been rewarded with a sum of N10,000 for her academic excellence in the medical programme.

In a circulated photo online, Nigerians are wondering when it takes little reward for great efforts especially as regards to education in Nigeria considering millions of naira being pocketed by beauty pegeant shows and other events.

The event was sponsored by Guaranty Trust Bank, a tier-1 banking institution in the country.

See photo:

UNN Grad.JPG

How do you tell the youths education is the key?

After 7 years in school? Really? They should have given him at least minimum wage - as for GTB, smh @them
Ridiculous!
When we have this kind of discouraging support, tell me why students will be propelled or fanned into studying to excel.
She did it for herself and her future, we should focus on that. Congratulations!

Guys, i later got to know that it is a Department award from her colleagues and not the management or the Bank. The department association uses GTBank as official bank. :)

Guys, i later got to know that it is a Department award from her colleagues and not the management or the Bank. The department association uses GTBank as official bank. :)
GT Bank shouldnt have presented it to her then, it should have been done by the students. its just too ridiculous.

Ahan ok, thanks for the Info. Then we must applaud her department, they usually never give up to 5k

Even at that! Academic excellence still needs to be rewarded greatly rather than the stipends given.
Academic laurels don't sell in Nigeria. Poor, sad reality. Not surprised, a state governor has given a best student a cup.

Back