Sports We received a letter from FIFA - NFF

General Secretary of the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF) Musa Amadu has confirmed receiving a letter from world football governing body, FIFA acknowledging the majority report of the Electoral Appeals Committee.

FIFA General Secretary, Jerome Valcke wrote a letter to the NFF which was addressed with Amadu, copying the Confederation of African Football(CAF) and said that they were going with the majority report that upheld the election of the Amaju Pinnick led executive board.

Last week, chairman of the electoral committee, barrister Okey Ajunwa nullified the September 30 elections, calling for a rerun.

However FIFA moved in, and have now gone with the decision of the majority report recognising Pinnick as a legitimately elected president of the NFF.

Meanwhile, Amadu refuted reports that he denied receiving any letter from FIFA.

“How can I deny receiving a letter that was addressed directly to me? I don’t know where that report is coming from," Amadu said.

“I duly received the letter and my position is that we now have peace of mind to focus on our plans and programmes for the development of Nigeria football,” he added.

rsz_amadu.jpg

Back