Sports Wenger disappointed not beating Man City

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has expressed delight in his side's ability to come from behind in their game against Manchester City.

Wenger praised their guts although he expressed regrets not seeing out their lead,drawing 2-2 with the visitors.

Goals from Jack Wilshere and Alexis Sanchez cancelled out Kun Aguero's opener,and it looked like the Gunners were on the paths of victory until a Martin Demichelis header denied them all three points.

“It was a game of top quality and we did remarkably well to come back but then we gave a cheap goal away,” Wenger told reporters.

“The only disappointing thing for me is the way we conceded the second goal. We are an offensive team. We go forward a lot but we can improve defensively.”

On the injured Mathieu Debuchy who was strechered off,Wenger said: “Debuchy has a badly sprained ankle. He will need a bit more time before we can assess [the extent of the injury]. I don’t know how long he will be out but it doesn’t look too good.”

He also praised Danny Welbeck for his impressive debut at the Emirates.

“Welbeck did okay. It was sad that he didn’t take his chance in the first-half but overall he looked dangerous. There are some things to work on with him but I’m happy with Welbeck’s game.”

rsz_1rsz_lmk-040659.jpg

Back