Sports World Cup News: Osaze confident Eagles can go all the way

Osaze.jpg
Stoke City striker Osaze Odemwingie has expressed confidence that the Super Eagles of Nigeria can reach the semifinals target provided the players give their best at the ongoing 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.

The 32-year-old striker scored Nigeria's only goal so far against Bosnia-Herzegovina in Cuiaba on Sunday, as well as in the competition so far, adding that Nigeria has what it takes to make it to the final.

"I saw a Brazilian on the street who told me he foresaw Nigeria playing the final against Brazil and I said to myself why not, going by the level of our players and the fact that they are yet to peak," Odemwingie said at the post-match press conference.

He reiterated that his goal was his consolation for missing out of the AFCON tournament in South Africa, and also said that he was confident the team, insisting that the squad is balanced in all departments.

"But mark my words we have a very resilient defence, a creative midfield and an attack force that can trouble any defence in the world if we play to our potentials we can go all the way," he told.

Odemwingie dedicated the win against Bosnia to his newly born child and that of teammate Austin Ejide,whose wife equally put to bed before the commencement of the World Cup.

Photo Credit: Wikipedia

Last edited by a moderator:
Back