Metro You Cannot Ban Islamic Religion – Shi’ite Blasts El-Rufai

kemi

Social Member
The Islamic Movement of Nigeria, IMN, said its attention has been drawn to the news that Kaduna State Government, in an official Gazette, No.21, declared the IMN an unlawful society.‎

“At the same time, Governor El-Rufai said his government ‘did not and cannot ban any religion.’ This two-faced comment of government of Kaduna state is not only ambiguous but indeed incongruent with reason, logic, law and sanity,” its spokesman, Ibrahim Musa, said.

el rufai.jpg

According to him, the Islamic Movement is not a society or association or organization, but a global concept.

“Its members are conscious and practicing Muslims, who practice Islam the way it ought to. That is why all its practices and observance are based on beliefs and practices of Islam. It doesn’t need registering to belong or to practice in as much as Islam need not be registered for anyone to believe it and practice it.

“That is why the IMN has no hallmarks of associations such as membership register, membership dues, association logo, letterhead officers, motto and all the characteristics of societies.

“That is why banning IMN is akin to banning our faith or stopping us from practicing Islamic religion the way we understand it, which KDSG itself admittedly affirmed it has no right to do. To claim otherwise is incongruous.

“Elrufai’s twisted imagination seeks to mischievously label IMN as violent. This is contrary to evidence anywhere anytime. Only recently, a report by a crisis monitoring group, listed 18 new armed groups that sprang up in Nigeria in the last 17 months, with many of them involved in the killings and kidnap in Kaduna. Not only was IMN not listed, but Governor Elrufai has not turned his attention to those by banning them.

“This ban order is nothing but the portrayal of Kaduna state government as intolerant of religious minorities, and if allowed to stand unchallenged by the good people of Kaduna state, it will lead to a ban on other religious minorities, especially Christians and the Muslims following the Sufi order.

Shi'ite does not speak for or on behalf Muslims generally and El rufai may be a pain in the ass but he hasn't gone totally mad to say he is going to ban Islam

Well I am not sure the title implied Shiite was speaking for all Muslims. When governors went after some churches over noise pollution, many stated it was an attack on Christianity. I am sure others felt it was not an attack on their sect, but the generality was used to push the argument.

Well I am not sure the title implied Shiite was speaking for all Muslims. When governors went after some churches over noise pollution, many stated it was an attack on Christianity. I am sure others felt it was not an attack on their sect, but the generality was used to push the argument.
What am I to make with the words " you cannot ban Islamic religion"? ( the headline). It would have been more appropriate to say he cannot ban shi'ite. Their are serious reasons as to why Muslims specifically don't want to be associated with shi'ism, things like insulting the household of the Prophet and cutting themselves with knives among other things.

I understand where you are coming from. Maybe a more appropriate term would have been Muslim sect. The same applies to all multi denominational religion. Each group are the custodians of the answers.

I accept your argument and acknowledge your concerns.

Back