World 2 Black Men Blocked From Worshiping at All-white South African Church

L

LequteMan

Two journalists have been barred from attending a church service in South Africa because of their black skin.

The Afrikaanse Protestante Kerk church told the journalists “the church is only for whites”.

south african church.jpg

The church is in Orania, an Afrikaans-only South African town located along the banks of the Orange River, in the arid Karoo region of the Northern Cape Province.

The two men were on an assignment and decided to attend church before returning to Pretoria but were intercepted at the door of the church by a church leader, identified as Mr. Theunis Oukamp.

According to Oukamp said allowing black people into an all-white church would be violating the “rights of Afrikaans people”.

“I am now in a difficult situation. You know that Orania, is only for white people, this is why we are here", the African Review quoted him as saying.

“You must understand I know you want to serve God and everything but I have to protect the rights of Afrikaans people. So I cannot let you in, you guys can go to any other church, but this one is only for white people,” Mr. Oukamp said.

Mr. Langton Ndlovu, a Christian, described the move as ‘diabolical’.

“This is demonic, in this day and age, I never thought this was real. That’s unacceptable. I wonder how they read the scripture that says “there is neither Greek nor Jew” but we’re one in Christ".

Back