Sports 2015 Nations Cup qualifiers: Keshi made the right decision to leave me out of his team - Moses

Super Eagles winger Victor Moses has backed the decision of coach Stephen Keshi to leave him out of Nigeria's squad for the 2015 Nations Cup qualifiers.

Moses was left out of the team to play Congo and South Africa this weekend and next week Wednesday, as the Super Eagles technical crew did not want to take any chances on him.

The Stoke City attacker missed last month's games against Sudan after copping an injury in a league game, but Keshi does not want to take chances in the qualifiers.

Keshi said that they do not want to take risks with the games, as Nigeria's qualification chances hinges totally on it, which explains why he has gone for players he is sure can deliver for him at the moment.

"There's a reason I'm not in it (the Nigeria squad) and the manager (Keshi) has said I'm just getting back from injury and he didn't want to take the risk with me," Moses told Stoke Sentinel.

"I think he was right to do that. I'm the sort of player who always wants to represent Nigeria, but I just need to make sure I get myself back to full fitness," he added.

rsz_moses3.jpg

Back