3 Gifts You Must Not Buy For Your Nigerian Partner This Christmas

A

abujagirl

It's 1 day before Christmas, your Nigerian partner is eager and waiting for a gift because - we love gifts. Gifts between partners are often viewed as a sign of love and commitment.

christmas.jpg

When buying a gift for your partner, it's important to buy the right gift as the purpose of some gifts can be misconstrued or they can lead to future misunderstandings. I really do not know what you should buy for your Nigerian partner but i know 3 things you must never buy.

1. A Car : Recently there has been a lot of arguments on whether or not people should buy cars for their partners. For me, the answer is simple - if you can afford to part with the car after a painful break up, then buy all means 'wow' your partner with a car this season. If you cannot part with the car after a breakup and you still feel the need to gift your partner one for the Christmas, make sure the car documents are in your name or in the name of the office of the girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/wife. Otherwise, thou shalt not buy anyone a car.

2. Underwear : Under wears are cool gifts at other times except Christmas. Nobody wants an underwear for Christmas, Jesus was not born for that purpose. Besides, you know we have a Christmas dress culture in Nigeria where people spanking new clothes on 25th December. Your partner can't go round town showing off an underwear instead of a dress.

3. Greeting Card: When i was younger, i used to ''ooh' and ''aah' over Christmas cards; they were so cute. When i grew older i began to despise the stack of meaningless greeting cards i had acquired over the years. The thing is, , most Nigerian adults would never appreciate a greeting card. We don't want cards; those things have no value except they come attached to other gift items.

Back