Entertainment Actress Kate Henshaw: For Going Into Politics, Mum Refused to Pray For Me

Nollywood actress and reality TV show judge turned politician, Kate Henshaw has revealed how her mother was against her decision to venture into politics so much that she refused to pray for her.

Henshaw has since declared her intention to represent the Akpabio Bakassi federal constituency at the Federal House of Representatives.

Speaking on her mum's position on her political ambition, Kate Henshaw said:

"My mum said ‘no way’. I told her to pray for me and she said she wasn’t going to, so I told her I’d pray for myself. Some cousins of mine in Calabar then called her and told her to encourage me; that what I want to do is good. She told them someone else should go into it, and they asked her why someone else should. They told her I should do it because it would be good for the state. She finally agreed.”

Henshaw also sent a message of appreciation out to friends who have stood by her side all through adding that for her campaign, she has promised herself that she will not make false promises to the populace.

Source: DailyPost
http://dailypost.ng/2014/11/15/mother-political-ambition-kate-henshaw/

#KateHenshaw

Kate Henshaw.jpg

Back