Politics Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen – President Buhari Reacts To Wife’s Explosive Interview

kemi

Social Member
Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari has reacted to comments made by his wife, Aisha, that she may not support him if he seeks re-election in 2019.

buhari angry.jpg

In an interview with BBC Hausa, Mrs Buhari said: “I will not go out and campaign again and ask any woman to vote like I did before. I will never do it again.”

But President Buhari has laughed off his wife’s comment while talking to reporters in Germany where he is meeting with the German Chancellor, Angela Merkel.

“I don’t know which party my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my kitchen and my living room and the other room,” said President Buhari, Associated Press reported.

Mrs Buhari claimed that her husband is surrounded by people he does not know and suggested that the government might have been hijacked from him, a sentiment shared by the president of the Nigerian senate, Bukola Saraki.

Saraki had on June 27, 2016, claimed that there was a cabal in the Federal Government that had taken over the rein of government from President Buhari.

But the president has discounted Mrs Buhari’s sentiments. “So I claim superior knowledge over her and the rest of the opposition because in the end I have succeeded,” he said.

“It’s not easy to satisfy the whole Nigerian opposition parties or to participate in the government.”

See video HERE

Last edited:
Job descriptions of an African woman

1. Cook

2. Clean

3. Have kids

Anyone with a contrary opinion can quote me

Last edited by a moderator:
Buhari has laughed off his wife’s comment while talking to reporters in Germany where he is meeting with the German Chancellor, Angela Merkel

@ese @Jules over to you o. Women's role in the kitchen. Is this true, is this really coming from Mr. Buhari? Sọ many questions beg for an answer.

@ese @Jules over to you o. Women's role in the kitchen. Is this true, is this really coming from Mr. Buhari? Sọ many questions beg for an answer.
Buhari can disrespect all institutions but not the female gender, you shouldnt even think it.. to think that he has 3 daughters ? No wonder the whole world is looking at us as "fools", just look at the face of the leader of millions of people. When this story was reported, I thought it was a joke, whats the difference between Trump and Buhari? Now its confirmed our President is not just clueless but shameless.
Aisha and all women deserve an Apology.

lol...when the best you can get from a country of 180 million is a military man that was head of state in 1984.

Job descriptions of an African woman

1. Cook

2. Clean

3. Have kids

Anyone with a contrary opinion can quote me

Any wonder why we are behind other nations? in 2017 the government of pretty advanced countries in the world will all be women (ok Putin will govern russia for the next 30 years). It all depends what you want from your society

Any wonder why we are behind other nations? in 2017 the government of pretty advanced countries in the world will all be women (ok Putin will govern russia for the next 30 years). It all depends what you want from your society
You. Are. Simply. Awesome. Thank you.

Saying your wife, Nigeria's first lady, "belongs to my kitchen," weeks before US elects a former first lady - how nice. Buhari is dense. I feel really bad for his daughters and the poor woman that married him. He can disrespect his wife in the privacy of his bedroom but he should never try that in public. The Merkel he's in Germany to lobby is a woman. I guess we can't expect better from a Fulani herdsman with no education.

I wonder how some of us reason. U just pick a point and comment senselessly. Why, in the first place should Mrs Buhari go to air such a degrading views about her husband? Could Patience Jonathan had done that even when everyone was tired of the corruption at that time. The President has told exactly what his wife would have liked to hear. If you were the husband, what would you have said. Mr President's addressing his wife that way is personal to him and his wife. Mrs Aisha's comments were purely anti-party. She would not have First Lady if there was no First Man-President. Don't misinterpreted him. Mind you, the President represents the man folk in its stead

I wonder how some of us reason. U just pick a point and comment senselessly. Why, in the first place should Mrs Buhari go to air such a degrading views about her husband? Could Patience Jonathan had done that even when everyone was tired of the corruption at that time. The President has told exactly what his wife would have liked to hear. If you were the husband, what would you have said. Mr President's addressing his wife that way is personal to him and his wife. Mrs Aisha's comments were purely anti-party. She would not have First Lady if there was no First Man-President. Don't misinterpreted him. Mind you, the President represents the man folk in its stead

1. I am male. The President does not represent me nor my views on this matter

2. Why you brought up Patience Jonathan's name baffled me. Even after her husband's administration, you people will it allow her to rest :)

3. I don't care about what Aisha Buhari said or did (though she voiced out what millions of Nigerians have been saying), but the way Buhari ridiculed her and in extension Nigerian women (he's their president) left a sour taste.

4. If I was the husband, we would have sorted everything in the kitchen and #TheOtherRoom :D

I couldn't care less about what happens in their home. What should concern Nigeria is that one of the closest person to the president has lost faith in the government and felt that the only way to be listen to is to go to the BBC. Anyone that does not have concerns about the FG now is simply living a lie

Back