Sports ATP rankings: Andy Murray targets return to top four

Andy Murray has set his sights on getting back amongst the top four ranked men's tennis players in the world.

Currently ranked number six in the world, Murray had to fight hard, winning tournaments in the last one month before he could secure a place in the season ending ATP World Tour Finals in London.

“It’s always tough to judge until you’re out there on the match court,” Murray said, referring to his current form. “This week, the practises have been good. Winning matches is how you play yourself into form and that’s what I really needed to do at this stage of the year. It’s unusual that I played so many tournaments, but you get confidence by winning matches.

“I’ll obviously try to finish in the Top 4 if I can. A few weeks ago it was about reaching Top 10 and (thinking) 'Will I make London?' I’d love to finish in the Top 4, but normally things in my career have finished quite gradually… It’s been a tough year in a lot of respects so I’ll try my best this week to try and get some good wins under my belt and see what happens."

Murray.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back