Sports Bayern Coach plans to extend contract at Allianz Arena

Bayern Munich boss, Pep Guardiola has debunked rumours linking him to the current premier league champions, Manchester City, saying he has no intention of leaving the German Champions at the end of the 2014-15 campaign to join City.

pep1.jpg

The former Barcelona coach signed a three-year contract with the Bundesliga champions which will end at the summer of 2016, but negotiations over an extension have been put on hold until the summer,over a possible exit by the Spaniard.

Nevertheless, Guardiola has made it clear that he is keen to stay at Bayern for the foreseeable future and has not been in touch with any other clubs.

"Manchester City? I hope to stay at Bayern Munich for a long time," the Spaniard told a press conference.

"I have a contract with this wonderful club and aim to fulfil that. I have not received any offers.

"We will see what happens after next year. I am very happy at Bayern."

Guardiola won the European Supercup and Club World Cup in his first season in charge of the Allianz Arena side after joining Bayern in the Summer of 2013-14 season, and also guided them to the domestic double as well.

The Bavarians currently sit atop the Bundesliga table, while they are still in the race to win the Champions League and DFB-Pokal, too, as Guardiola aims to emulate Jupp Heynckes and guide Bayern to the treble. Goal

Back