Metro Biafran Group Declares Secession From Nigeria, Names New Cabinet [See Names]

L

LequteMan

The Biafra Zionist Federation on Monday declared the secession of the ‘Republic of Biafra’ from Nigeria in Enugu state.

According to the group's leader, Mr. Benjamin Onwuka, Biafra takes off as an independent country starting from August 1, 2017.

He is the same Onwuka, who was detained, and charged with treason after leading some members of the BZF to invade the studios of the Enugu State Broadcasting Service in a failed bid to announce the secession of Biafra on June 5, 2014.

He declared himself the ‘Interim President’ of the new nation but didn't name a Vice-President.

He then named out the new country's cabinet members:

• Prof. Pat Utomi - foreign minister
  • Prof. Chukwuma Soludo- Governor of the Central Bank of Biafra.
  • Ms. Arunma Oteh (ex SEC boss)- finance minister.
  • Chief Nnia Nwodo0 (President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo) - Ambassador of the Republic of Biafra to the United States
  • Prof. Jerry Gana (ex Information Minister from Niger state) - Transport minister.
  • Mr. Labaran Maku (ex Nasarawa deputy governor) - Minister of aviation.
  • Amarachi Ubani - Information minister
  • Mrs. Mary Okafor- Minister of trade and industry
  • Benny Lar (from Plateau state)- Secretary to the Government of the Republic of Biafra
  • Gabriel Oluwole Osagie- Minister of education
  • Philip Effiong Jnr - Minister of health.

Prof. Barth Nnaji (a former power minister) - Energy minister

It was not clear whether Onwuka consulted the ‘appointees’ before naming them as part of his ‘government.’

As soon as he started reeling out the names, journalists burst out laughing. He glared at them and said: “This is not a laughing matter.”

Attachments

• Biafra-1024x584.png
    Biafra-1024x584.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 33
Forget it bro, If my name is not there...it cannot work.

But wait a minute, Onwuka failed to mention states he is governing as Interim President. Is it safe to say, it is a virtual Republic?

Some people have taken their freedom of speech too far. This is far an offending speech on the nation's sovereignty.

I wouldn't worry about it. Just ask the guys on the list if they have received their appointment letter and where the letter is now.

Forget it bro, If my name is not there...it cannot work.

But wait a minute, Onwuka failed to mention states he is governing as Interim President. Is it safe to say, it is a virtual Republic?
Your letter of appointment is on its way.

As soon as he started reeling out the names, journalists burst out laughing. He glared at them and said: “This is not a laughing matter.”
This is the funniest part of the story. I was surprised Mr Onwuka was himself not reeling out with laughter when he was calling out those names :D

Is this different from Mr Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra? Cos I don't see where he was mentioned

Back