Sports Bose Odusanya Reveals She Wants To Win More Asoju Oba Table Tennis Titles

The champion for the women's singles category of the recently concluded Asoju Oba Molade Okoya-Thomas Table Tennis championship, Bose Odusanya has vowed to work hard ahead and ensure she retains he title next year.

CVZXEOeUYAA_aE8.jpg

The Union Bank Table Tennis player defeated Durosimi Etti-Tolu of Union Maritime Table tennis club 4-2 to clinch her first ever Asoju Oba Table tennis title, after losing out of the last two editions in the semi final and quarter final stages respectively.

"I'm very happy for winning this competition because last year I lost in the quarter finals, and when I lost then, it made me sad and even cried. But afterwards, I told the Almighty God to help me win this year and he answered my prayers and here I am, the new champions and I'm very happy."

"My next target after this title is to go back and train very well I can win again by God's grace."

"I was playing at the juniors' category before now, which I won three times, while I lost out of the seniors' category in the semi final stage two years ago, and also lost in the quarter finals last year before eventually winning this year's edition."

Bose won a sum of #30,000 and a refrigerator as the best female player of the tournament and she has vowed to continue from where she stopped last weekend.

Back