Sports Brown Ideye wants to start scoring goals for his son

Nigerian international Brown Ideye has reiterated his desire to start netting goals for his club, West Brom.

Ideye has been finding it hard at the Hawthorns after making a £10million switch from Dynamo Kyiv.

Last Saturday, Ideye starred in West Brom's 1-0 derby win over Aston Villa, and he is hoping to build on the momentum.

And the former Sochaux man is hoping to at least make his son happy by scoring goals for him.

“It is very important for me to have my family here. I am happy about that that things are working out for me.

“He (Brown Junior) always wanted to see the dressing rooms so I had to take him in to see it. He is happy that we won but he was disappointed that I didn’t score – so I have told him I will score next time.”

“I knew how important the game was for us as players and also for the fans, so I am very happy that we won because I couldn’t imagine not winning," Ideye told the club's website.

“I was happy that I was in the first 11. I was always hungry to start for West Brom and I always give my best.

“Sometimes it’s difficult but I have to keep on pushing and working hard for the team. I am getting closer to my best. I have had a lot of things to deal with so I just have to be focused.

“The gaffer said he wanted me to work hard and at times it has been difficult for me to adapt to the system that the team plays.

Ideye.gif

Back