Metro Emir Sanusi: Anti-intellectual Northern Elites are Trying to Shut me Down

L

LequteMan

Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II on Friday said he is receiving a barrage of attacks and criticism from northern elites, elders and leaders due to his recent comments on the impoverished state of northern Nigeria.

According to him, the northerners are trying to silence him.

“Our colleagues and compatriots among the elite do not like statistics. Numbers are disturbing. I recently gave a speech in which I said the North-East and North-West of Nigeria are the poorest parts of the country. This simple statement of fact has generated so much heat, the noise has yet to die down.

“The response to this speech has been a barrage of personal attacks and insults aimed at silencing any voices that dare shine the light on the society to which we are saying Bring Back our Girls.

“There are those who believe these attacks are aimed at discrediting me personally but even if that is the objective, it will not work. I can only be discredited by what I have done and not by insults and lies on the social media. And in any event, personal criticism has no impact on the issues.”

He made the statement at the Inaugural Annual Chibok Girls Lecture held in commemoration of the third anniversary of the chibok girls.

He was represented by his daughter Shahida Sanusi.

Attachments

• Sanusi-Emir-of-Kano.jpg
    Sanusi-Emir-of-Kano.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 12
Back